With warmer weather comes the perfect opportunity to hop on a bike and enjoy an outdoor adventure. However, it’s important to keep bike safety in mind to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Wear a properly fitted helmet to protect your head in case of a fall or collision.
- Check your bike’s brakes, tires, and gear for proper functioning before heading out.
- Be visible with bright or reflective clothing and use light reflectors on your bike.
- Watch for hazards such as potholes, changes in pavement, and surroundings, that includes other cyclists, pedestrians, and vehicles.
- Follow traffic laws including stopping at stop signs and red lights, turns, and riding with traffic.