When your child is feeling sick, knowing when to take them to urgent care versus when a virtual pediatric visit is sufficient can be challenging. While virtual and urgent care aren’t meant to replace your pediatrician, they are good options when you need to be seen after hours, on weekends, or more quickly than your doctor. Below we share some insight on deciding which service is right for you and your child.
What Is Virtual Pediatric Telemedicine?
Telemedicine or virtual visits offer same-day, on-demand urgent care services without leaving your home. Through technology, a pediatrician can deliver care at a distance. These remote services allow your child to be seen face to face by a board-certified pediatrician on a computer or smartphone. When your provider isn’t available, you can rely on Hello Pediatrics and our virtual after-hours care for:
- Urgent Care
- General Medicine
- Mental Health
- Prescription Refill
We are integrated with most primary care providers and provide a detailed report to your pediatrician after the virtual visit to ensure they understand what happened and how to follow up if your child needs additional care.
Benefits of Pediatric On-Demand Urgent Care Services
For families with a sick child, virtual pediatric care visits provide a safer alternative to taking your child to a physical office where they could spread or be exposed to illness. When you book an appointment with Hello Pediatrics, you can benefit from several advantages, including:
- Access to the same quality healthcare provided by your pediatrician.
- Convenience. Your child can receive care from the comfort of your couch.
- Save time. Instead of traveling to your pediatrician’s office, waiting in the waiting room, then the exam room, and finally driving home, you only have to set aside time for the virtual visit.
- Choose an appointment time that works best for you—whether after hours, on the weekend, or when your pediatrician’s office is closed.
- Treat a wide range of symptoms and illnesses.
- Virtual visits act as a complement to your pediatrician. A board-certified pediatrician will get to know your child’s unique needs and medical history as they create a highly personalized treatment plan for your little one.
- A detailed summary after the visit is sent to your pediatrician, so they know what happened and can follow up if additional care is needed.
When to Use a Top Rated Telemedicine Provider and When to Go to Urgent Care
Even after all this information, you probably still have questions about whether you should take your sick child to urgent care, the doctor’s office, or stay at home and utilize virtual care. Virtual pediatric telemedicine is ideal for health concerns and symptoms like:
- Fevers, sinus infection, runny nose
- Allergy and asthma flare-ups
- Cough, cold, and flu symptoms
- Ear pain or wounds
- Eye problems
- Stomach aches and vomiting
- Skin, eating, or sleeping problems
- Urinary concerns
- Mental health
If your child displays signs of a medical emergency like a seizure, severe pain or injury, broken bones, or a serious chronic condition, you should call 911 immediately or go to the nearest ER.
Why Choose Hello Pediatrics – the Top Rated Telemedicine Provider?
At Hello Pediatrics, we’re here when you need us—at a time that works best for you. Our team of board-certified clinicians offers comprehensive, after-hours telehealth services to keep your child’s little body and mind thriving. Book an appointment with us today.